I didn't get near as much done as I had hoped and planned. I wasn't feeling great this week, which made it tough for me to have energy to do everything I wanted to with Punkin. Plus, Daddy was off on Veteran's Day and we just had fun being with him that day. Saturday was a huge football playoff game for Daddy's high school where he's the athletic director, so that day was kinda shot, too. Anyway, this is gonna be pretty basic without a lot of descriptions because I am still not feeling great......
Theme: Leaves
Letter: Ll
Number: 5
Shape: Crescent
Color: Yellow
Verse: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and mind."
Videos:
"Leafy, the Leaf Who Wouldn't Leave" story
L Song
The GiggleBellies (Just for fun)
Books:
TOT TRAYS
I moved the time of when we do tot trays this week, and that seemed to help a lot. Punkin really enjoyed all the trays this week!
Do a Dot leaves
Pouring yellow macaroni back and forth.
Investigating our mini yellow sensory bin.LEARNING ACTIVITIES
We finished up a few pumpkin things on Monday when I didn't feel like preparing anything new. This pumpkin number order is the only one I took a picture of.
Then Punkin glued the cut apart leaves onto a tree and onto our Ll letters.
I wrote the first letter of the colors in that color on the circles on the tree, and she put the pom poms on the right color. She loved this. I had it set out the rest of the week on her toy box and she went to it quite a bit during the week.
Gluing 5 leaves on her number 5 cutout.CRAFTS / ART

Punkin made these leaf prints with a toilet paper tube that was smooshed into the shape of a leaf. This idea came from Life with My Giggle Girls.
She found out that when she pulled up the tube each time, it made a bubble in the paint, so she had more fun popping the bubbles with her fingers than she did actually painting.
We had lots of paint left over, so I let her just paint with a paintbrush. She started off making very pretty blobs on her paper that kinda looked like leaves. Then, she smeared them all together and painted her whole paper.
We made a leaf collage with real leaves that we picked up at the park one day.
Punkin also had fun making this leaf wreath and putting glitter glue on it. Got the idea from HERE. MISC. STUFF
The weather was gorgeous this week, so a couple days we went outside to play. One day, we used duct tape to make a bracelet for her stick her leaves on that she found. I got this idea from I Can Teach My Child.
We also had a McDonald's picnic in our yard one day for lunch as we enjoyed the warm weather.To see more Tot School ideas, go to 1+1+1=1.


Looks like you got a lot accomplished anyhow. Love the "pancake" flipping. I'm adding that to my list asap. Hope you're feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteLove the pancake flipping! too cute! This post was perfect timing because this week is our leaf week and now I have great ideas to add to our list. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteGreat week! You accomplished more sick than 3 of me can accomplish healthy, ha ha!! I love your ideas- I only wish we hadn't already done leaves this year. Can't wait until the start of next fall to do these ;-) Thanks for posting.
ReplyDelete