Friday, April 29, 2011

J IS FOR JELLYBEANS

~Punkin is 33 months old.~

Punkin had a blast with our J is for Jellybean week, though we had lots of other stuff going on and did not get to a lot of things I had planned. And we really had no tot tray time again this week. I've got to work on doing it at a different time of day again that won't be as easily missed due to things going on in our day. Oh well.

I am in a hurry to get this posted before a busy weekend, so I am not going to give much detail and I'll lump it all together to make it easier on me......


Mini princess puzzle
Cutting apart jellybeans and sorting them by color
Using scrabble tiles to match and spell "jellybeans" on this printout from COAH.

Using jellybeans instead of Dot markers on this Do a Dot printout from COAH to make our letter Jj.

We matched colored "dots" to our lowercase j letters again this week, only this time we used jellybeans!

Sorting capital and lowercase Jj from COAH.

I cut out jellybean shapes from construction paper and wrote her sight words on the yellow ones. Then, she used those as a guide to help her spell the words using her jellybean letters.

Sight word "bingo" using jellybeans. She loved this and did a great job! The key at the bottom told her what color jellybean to put on each word.

Punkin asked to play this jellybean sight word game several times. I set jellybean cutouts with our sight words written on them in a circle in our living room. I played music and she had to run around the circle. When the music stopped, she had to read the word on the jellybean cutout in front of her, and if she got it right, she got to eat the real jellybean that was sitting on it (if there was still one left on it).

Punkin lined up jellybeans by corresponding color according to the number written on the craft stick.

She hunted for jellybeans in her rainbow rice bin and put them in the correct colored egg "cup." She even enjoyed "hiding" the jellybeans again herself and doing it a second time.

She enjoyed making this jellybean graph that I printed from COAH.

For our number recognition practice again, I printed out some j outlines and wrote numbers 9-12 in them. (We are currently reviewing these harder numbers before moving on to 13 and above.) She used the key at the bottom to determine what color "dot" to put on each j.

Punkin also played shape bingo using jellybeans as her game pieces to cover up the shapes. She drew a card, told me the color and shape and searched to see if she had it on her board. If not, she set the card aside. If she had it, she chose a jellybean to put on that shape. When she got a "bingo," she got to eat one jellybean. Of course she wanted to do quite a few rounds of this! (By the way, I used DLTK to create this Bingo board and cards. If you have never used this site before, you need to go check it out. It automatically creates different bingo boards ....found in the printables section....for you! Plus, it has a lot of other neat tools as well! I used it all the time when I was teaching, and just recently remembered it again to use it for tot school.)

And Punkin used her dot markers to "paint" this jellybean page from COAH. (She started off neat with one dot in each jellybean, and then later covered most of the page.)


To see what other tots did this week, go visit 1+1+1=1.

4 comments:

  1. Another fantastic week! Really love the hiding the jellybean in the rice idea. :) Also the 'musical jellybeans' looks like a lot of fun too. Even without the trays you got so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that my tot isn't the only one who covers the entire page. LOL

    Love how you used the jelly beans on the do-a-dot page. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!!! Looks like a fun and tasty week! Stopping by from Tot School.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the popsicle stick color and number activity.

    ReplyDelete