~Punkin is 34 months old.~Letter: U
Shape: semicircle
Number: 13
Color: blue
Sight Word: up
We're still trudging along, even though I'm very quickly losing all energy and motivation. But we'll keep it up until I really just can't do it anymore. Punkin loves her routine and her schooltime, so I keep pushing myself.....
TOT TRAYS

Farm Puzzle

A new candyland game we got at a garage sale.

Sort and Count with yellow suns, blue clouds, and white clouds.

She never got to this one last week, so I kept it out this week. She cut apart colored strips and sorted the pieces in the tray.

And she played a LOT with her rainbow bin again this week. This time she included "lacing" colored beads onto matching pipe cleaners.
LEARNING ACTIVITIES

Dot Markers on her letter U page.

Using toothpick umbrellas from Dollar Tree to poke into the letter Uu on a shoebox.

Capital and lowercase sorting from
Creative Learning Fun.

She used lowercase letter tiles to match to these capital letter umbrellas from Childcareland. (I printed it last year but now cannot find it on the site.)

I made this letter sound sorting activity for Punkin that you can download
HERE. She had to look at the picture on the raindrops and decide if it started with the R sound or the U sound.

I also made this activity for sight word practice. Punkin looked at the picture on the umbrella and then found the sight word card to put in the rectangle on the page. Then, she found the raindrop letters to spell the word on the other side of the page in the raindrop outlines. You can download it
HERE.

Punkin counted "raindrops" onto umbrellas.

I put smiley stickers in the sections of this umbrella and laminated it. Punkin had to count the stickers in each section and then pick the clothespin that had the matching number on it to clip to that part of the umbrella.


I drew different amounts of different shapes on cards and Punkin put stickers in the middle of each shape. (She had to tell me the name of the shapes as well.) Then, she counted how many were on each card and put the correct foam number sticker on the card. Finally, she lined them up in number order. Not umbrella related, but....

Punkin did a GREAT job coloring this Color By Number page from
COAH.

We played a shape memory matching game. I printed out some umbrella cards and some raindrop cards. I drew shapes on the back, and she had to play "memory" to match up the umbrella and raindrop cards that had the same shape.

Punkin had to put a clothespin on the umbrella on each strip that was different or "not like the others." You can download the strips
HERE.
OTHER STUFF
We attempted
this ivory soap experiment that I've read about on a few blogs since I thought it may turn out like a "cloud" for her play with. Well, I must have done something wrong because while it "grew" a bit (this picture was the final result), it wasn't that exciting and it was still very hard.

So, Punkin played with shaving cream "clouds" instead. Always a favorite.

And we made this whipped cream cloud and blueberry rain dessert plate spur of the moment one day for lunch.
Well, that was our low key week. To see what other tots were up to this week, you can visit
1+1+1=1.
I love all the fun ideas you came up with!! Your printables are so cute! Thank you for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteTrudging along? THIS IS AMAZING! I'm a preschool teacher and you have just given me so many unbelievable ideas for my classes. You should be so very impressed with yourself )and your daughter, she is very bright!)
ReplyDelete