We are pretty much in survival mode around here these days. I am dealing with some strong baby blues at the moment, and Punkin is really seeing how far she can stretch the limits now that Mommy is often occupied with a new baby. But, because I am one who needs structure and routine in my day, we have made an effort to try and do at least a few of our normal activities at least a few days this week.
Before Firecracker was born, I had put together a bag of "tot school" stuff that was all ready to go and I could just go and pick out an activity. That has helped. Also, I had restructured our morning calendar / circle time routine to make it geared more towards a 3 year old / preschool than what we were doing. I also purchased Carisa's members only powerpoints, and we have started the first lesson on that. (I love that it takes little prep on my part and Punkin still loves it.) Our new calendar time follows the same lessons as in her powerpoints, and I am really enjoying doing some different things with Punkin. We didn't finish our letter themes before Firecracker was born like I had planned, but since Punkin really knows her letters and sounds so well, we were really just using the letters as a springboard for other fun activities related to that theme. So, I decided to just stop where we were at and start fresh. All that being said, we got to do 3 days of our new calendar time routine and powerpoint lessons this week, which thrilled me. (I didn't take pictures yet of our new board or doing our new work...maybe someday soon I'll get to that.)
Okay, on to a few pictures of a few things we did that I actually captured on the camera.
Well, that's all. We'll see how it goes next week..... In the meantime, hop on over to 1+1+1=1 to find out what other tots have been up to lately.


Precious...that about sums it up! I love the birthday sign for Daddy, and I think it is wonderful that you are still able to get some Tot School in with a newborn!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like yesterday, instead of three years ago, that I was dealing with that same adjustment. Praying that your transition goes smoothly and quickly. Such a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteNoarai calls her the same "ballerina girl". I love the cuddling pictures with firecracker. That testing thing happened to me as well but Noarai loved so much her sister that overcome it. Good job mommy:)
ReplyDelete