Saturday, August 20, 2011

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...

It's been a bit unstructured around here lately which frustrates me, but that is just the season of life we're in right now. I don't have time to write an in depth post, but here are some pictures of some of the things we've been up to the last few weeks in no particular order....

Coloring coffee filters and cutting slits in them to create "firecrackers." I forgot to take a picture of the final product.

I drew firecrackers on a black piece of paper with white crayon, and she helped me use squeezable glitter glue to trace over the lines. I had to help her quite a bit since the bottle was hard to squeeze, but she loved the final product.

Punkin loves blowing bubbles!

Playing in her sandbox is another favorite activity these days.

Drawing in shaving cream. Here she said she was making rainbows and clouds.

We were lucky to have the opportunity to go with Cousin M to see Rachel Coleman live in concert. She is the lady who does all the Signing Time DVD's for those of you who are familiar with those.





I think Punkin enjoyed Hopkins almost more than Rachel. Shhh....Don't tell!

She really enjoyed going to Grandpa's church for their end of summer / kick off to school family event. The bouncy slide was a huge hit, and she could actually do it this year by herself.



And she had her face painted for the first time. She insisted on being a tiger, so the lady made her into a "girlie tiger."

We spent quite a bit of time doing Carisa's Powerpoint lessons, as well as www.starfall.com.

Once the hot weather let up a bit, we spent many evenings outside going on walks and drawing with chalk.



Dot markers are always a favorite.

Another way to keep her occupied while I feed Firecracker....Stickers.

One actual tot school activity we did spur of the moment because she was begging for schooltime ....I wrote a sight word on a card and she had to read it to me, then use her water dropper to drop water on the letters in order. She LOVED this.

She has played with playdough a lot lately.

Daddy ordered something that came in this big box, which provided many hours of imaginative play. Here she was using it as her "crib."

Helping me make blueberry muffins one morning while Firecracker was taking a nap. She was a good little helper one night when I decided that the stroller needed to be washed.




Well, that's it for now. To see what other tots have been up to, visit 1+1+1=1.

1 comment: