Sunday, December 1, 2013

FALL TOT SCHOOL

Well, I am just not going to be able to post weekly anymore like I used to back in the day.  It may be more like "seasonally" ....  LOL. And our schedules have changed drastically since the day when it was just Punkin and Mommy.  We don't get to Tot School every day and only do it randomly as we can fit it in.  But Firecracker really does LOVE any activities that we have time to do, and is soaking it all in like a sponge!  I love seeing her so excited! Anyway, here is some of what we did this fall with Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Tot Trays

Pumpkin Noodle Pounding. She stuck the noodles in pre-existing holes and then used her hammer to pound them in the box. She loved opening the box at the end and finding all the noodles inside. 

Simple Halloween Peg game I got a few years ago at the Dollar Tree.

She used the plastic spiders and sorted them by color into the pumpkins, then we counted certain numbers of spiders into the pumpkins, and then I had her use tweezers to "tong" them into the pumpkins for fine motor practice.

Pumpkin Transfer using Tongs.

"Mr. Pumpkin Head"

Halloween Activities


Pumpkin / Ghost Bowling

Beginning Letter Sound Sort

Simple Halloween Picture Matching

Playing "Memory" with Halloween pictures

Sorting orange and black pom poms. 
(Excuse the no pants...we were potty training that day!)

Halloween Treats


Cool Whip and orange frosting "parfaits"

Halloween Parfaits
Vanilla Pudding, Oreos, and orange Sprinkles

Fall and Pumpkin Activities

Firecracker rolled the dice, counted the number of dots, and then used the tweezers to put an orange pom pom on the pumpkin that had that number on it.

Pumpkin Size Sorting

I hid the pumpkin numbers around the room for Firecracker to find and then when she found them all, she lined them up in number order.

Using dot markers to find all the P's.

Which then led to making pictures with the dot markers. :)
\
Q-tip painting to make fall trees. 
(Punkin was home from school on the day we did this, so she got to make one as well.)

Fall Sensory Bin

Leaf Counting #1
She picked a number card from the pile and then counted out that many leaves onto her tree.

Leaf Counting #2
She counted the dots on each leaf and then found that number on her tree.

Beginning Sound Letter Sort with Leaves

Thanksgiving Activities

Corn Counting
(When I did this with Punkin we used candy corn, but I had run out this year, so we improvised and used Reeses Pieces.)

Capital / Lowercase T turkey sorting

Beginning Sound Letter Sort with Turkeys



Making Easy Pumpkin Muffins for Thanksgiving morning.
I used the recipe from HERE. However, we used yellow cake mix instead of the spiced cake mix....only because I didn't have the spiced cake mix on hand.

1 comment:

  1. Free Roulette casino site | Live dealer casino site
    Free Roulette casino site. Free luckyclub.live roulette, free casino games. Roulette casino, best live roulette casino site. Free live dealer casino site.

    ReplyDelete