Friday, June 18, 2010

WEEK OF JUNE 14

~Punkin is 22 months old.~

I had great intentions this week to do an ice cream theme, but not much Tot School took place. The things we did do were spur of the moment and things I could grab without much planning. We had Vacation Bible School at our church which I helped lead music for, and we are getting ready for a vacation, so I was packing, and we spent one day at Grandma's house, so.... Anyway, enough with the excuses.....

TOT TRAYS

I found a bucket of these fun foam lacing shapes at a garage sale, and Punkin has LOVED playing with them.....over and over again! She calls the littlest cylinder pieces "Teeny Tinys." I had her sort the shapes into this little craft organizer box that I also got at a garage sale. It was a big hit. She also did have tons of fun just dumping out the shapes and throwing them around, too.

Another garage sale find....I don't even know what it is called, but it's a little tray with tiny holes that you stick the pegged numbers and letters into. I had a cup of numbers for her and a cup of letters in her name. I wanted to have her put the numbers in order or make her name, but she just wanted to stick them on randomly. At least she would tell me the letters and numbers when I asked her which one she was using.

Foam puzzles are always a hit!
TOT SCHOOL
I am going to put all our tot school activities together under one heading this time since we didn't do much...
I had her pick magnetic numbers out of an empty kleenex box and match them up with the correct number on her tray. She was NOT into it at ALL. We "took turns" doing it, so she really only did about half of this tray herself.


My mom found a whole box of these file folder games at a garage sale of a former preschool teacher. I was THRILLED! Most of them Punkin can do already, and we enjoyed pulling out a folder randomly throughout our days for something "fun." Here she was matching animal shadows and monkeys at Grandma's house.


And here was a color balloons one she had fun with at home.....because she loves, bears, balloons, and colors.

I made her a new sensory tub this week with different kinds of beans. I also hid magnetic letters in it for her to find. For the first time she actually really got into hunting for the letters and getting excited when she found one, putting it in the bowl and saying the name. Then, she spent lots of time just scooping, dumping, etc.

MISC. STUFF
Making cookies for Daddy....

"Washing the dishes" when we were done.... She loved this more than actually making the cookies.

Some things I didn't get pictures of (since my camera got dropped on the floor and no longer works.....ahem!): We had a TON of fun one day playing in the laundry basket. She'd ask me for a "ride" and I'd pull and push her around the living room with her squealing and giggling. Then, she figured out how to make it tip over with her in it, and she thought that was a hoot! We also played with a big Disney number floor puzzle that I got a garage sale as well. I had her help me put them in order in a line, and then we hopped and crawled and ran and did slow motion down the line as we counted the numbers. We were both tired by the end!
Well, that's our "not so much tot school" week. To check out what other tots did this past week, visit 1+1+1=1.

No comments:

Post a Comment