~Punkin is 32 months.~We did a loose J is for Jesus theme with some more egg activities thrown in as well. We read the Easter story in her Children's Bible every day and even though it is a long book, Punkin asked to read Benjamin's Box quite a few times as well. (This is a book that goes along with the Resurrection Eggs.) Our Bible verse was, "Jesus is risen, just as he said." By the end of the week, she really seemed to understand the basics.
TOT TRAYS
Punkin had a lot of fun with our tot trays this week that we didn't have time to do last week. The first two pictures are ones I took last week. However, I included them again, because she did them a few times again this week, but I didn't take any new pictures.
Egg Tonging
Punkin "laced" cut apart egg carton sections onto a piece of yarn to make a necklace.
And I had gotten some of this purple "stuff" (I don't even know what it is called) at Dollar Tree awhile back. It can be molded like playdough, but is not as messy, and it doesn't dry out. If you look closely, it is actually made up of tiny little "balls" that stick together. She loved playing with it every day during tot tray time.LITERACY LEARNING ACTIVITIES
We worked some more with our vocabulary cards. This week, I set out 3-4 cards that could all be grouped in a certain category (like food or animals or people). Then, I would also set out one card with them that did not belong in that category and she had to figure out which one did not belong. We had never done anything like this, so I was super surprised when she didn't have any trouble at all figuring out which one didn't belong.
I got this idea from Fun Frugal Mommy. Punkin started out poking colored push pins into the matching colored circles I had drawn on the page (that was taped to the top of a shoe box lid). Then, she used these lacing beads from Dollar Tree (that actually have bigger than usual holes) to match and set on top of the push pins.
Punkin used letter stickers to spell JESUS on her letter J, and then decorated it with her dot paints.MATH LEARNING ACTIVITIES
Once again, I printed out an egg page and this time added numbers 9-12 on the bottom of the eggs. Punkin picked which Easter foam sticker she wanted for each number. For instance, she put pink egg stickers on all the number 9's that she found and purple bunnies on all the number 12's she found.
We also did a little addition again this week. I had her roll a dice and count the dots and find an egg with that number on it to put first on her template card. Then, she did the same with the second dice. Finally, she counted all the dots together and found an egg with the answer on it to complete her math problem. I even went as far this week as to have her "read" the math problem back to me, including the "plus" and "equals."ARTS / CRAFTS

We made this "He is Risen" project from Making Learning Fun. It actually turned into a math patterning activity, too, as Punkin had to find the next square in the pattern to glue on.
One day while Punkin was napping, I drew an egg and a cross on cardstock with a white crayon. Then, when she woke up, we got out the watercolor paints. She started painting, and suddenly exclaimed, "Mommy, look!" It was so fun to watch her try to figure out what the "surprise" was. When she finished the cross picture, she said, "Look. Jesus is risen!"MISC. FUN
We had a fun week with Daddy home as well, and Punkin spent a lot of time playing in her "new" playroom in the basement while I helped him with a few things he was working on in the basement bathroom that he is putting in. One day when I went to check on her, she was playing "store." (I REALLY wish I had had my camera handy to get a picture.....or even a video!) She pushed around her little toy grocery cart (with her baby in the front and a purse on her shoulder) and put different things in it. Then, she went to her little table, unloaded the things from her cart, and pretended to pay. Then, she said, "Okay. Thank you. Have nice day." She loaded the stuff in her cart again and pretended to go out to the "car". She didn't know I was watching, and it was so hard to keep from laughing. I guess the poor girl has made too many CVS and Walgreens runs with me! :)
To see what other tots were up to this past week, check out 1+1+1=1.

She's such a little smartie. I love seeing what she's been up to. I'm totally jealous that she'll just dot the dots when dot painting. My 3 year still refuses to do anything but dot the entire page. LOL
ReplyDeleteYou have such wonderful ideas! Definitely need to save these for next year! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete