Saturday, December 3, 2011

FALL TOT SCHOOL

While most people are probably posting about the Christmas things they are doing, I am just now getting around to posting about some of the fall things we did from like September to November. Yep. It's been awhile since I've posted. It's not that we haven't been doing anything, it's just that I don't always have my camera handy, and I just don't have as much time anymore with a new baby to keep up on the blogging! But here is a peek at a few things we did this fall. (Oh, and I did a terrible job this time documenting where I got ideas from...Sorry! Next time I will do better because I just found Pinterest!) Oh, and I decided that maybe I should start linking up to Preschool Corner now, too, since Punkin is doing more preschool type stuff now rather than tot school stuff. So, hello to all you Preschool Corner folks!

APPLES

Punkin went "apple picking" around the house, using her favorite little basket to put her apples in.

Then, she lined up all the apples, and I said a sound and had her find the apple that had the correct letter.

Apple Seed Addition - I gave her some black pom poms and had her stand and drop them on the apple. We added how many "seeds" landed ON the apple plus how many landed OFF the apple to find the total.

Roll an apple game.

Sight word apple graphing.

Finding which apple is different in each row.

Apple Number Maze

Apple Tree Addition

Apple Patterns

Apple Flip Book

Apple Thumb Printing Book

Reading her book.

Learning how to draw an apple.

Making a "Stained Glass" Apple

The finished product

Paper Plate Apple Craft - She LOVED painting!

Her finished "Apple Bite" hanging on the refridgerator.

A fun apple tree lunch.

HALLOWEEN

Punkin spent a LONG time doing this activity. I had her start off making patterns. Then, I let her just play!

We made Candy Corn Cookies! So fun!

They turned out so cute, and they were yummy, too!

LEAVES

Finding which leaf is different in each row.

Counting the dots on each leaf and then matching it to the correct number on the tree.

Beginning Sound Match


Leaf Counting









Punkin's Fall Tree craft turned out so cute!


THANKSGIVING

Harvest Corn Counting

Another Beginning Sound Match, this time with turkeys. She is getting so good at this concept!

Turkey Feather Addition

She wasn't quite so sure about this art activity at first!

But it sure turned out cute!

We do www.starfall.com almost every day. She loved the turkey building game.

A fun turkey lunch.

MISC.


To start off our school time every day, Punkin writes in her letter writing binder. She has to do the letter of the week, and then she can pick another letter to do. Each day she also does a page from her Kumon tracing and cutting books, writes in her name book, and picks one of her sight word readers to read to me.

She still loves to bake with me. I love that she can actually do a lot of the jobs herself now, like spooning muffin batter into the muffin tins.

I don't know when I'll post again....Probably not until after Christmas to recap all our holiday activities. But in the meantime, I've linked up to Tot School and PreSchool Corner, where you can go get other great ideas from some very creative moms!

4 comments:

  1. Love all your activities! I wanted to do many of the same ones this fall and never actually got to them! How's the baby doing? Are things settling down or still kind of crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS FOR POSTING! I'm having trouble to post as well but is refreshing to see your work as Noarai usually loves it. How is your little one doing? Happy christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post I am in the same boat as you. We've been doing activities but with another little one it can be hard to post. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is blessed to have such rich learning experiences. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete