~Punkin is 22 months old.~We are back after not getting around to posting last week. The last two weeks have been crazy, and not much official Tot School happened around here. We had a garage sale, we had to help prepare and serve the meal at church last Sunday, I haven't felt that great (I have headaches that make me so tired), and we have been enjoying the nice weather outside. Plus, Punkin has been working on her two year molars as well as suddenly becoming scared to death of going to sleep. (I think she is having nightmares.) So, we've just been out of sorts around here. But here are some of the things we have been up to the last two weeks....
TOT TRAYS
I ended up having the same tot trays out for two weeks in a row since we weren't around much to play with them.

Punkin had fun "arranging" fake flowers. She had just as much fun poking her fingers into the styrofoam stuff.

Pom Poms inside a whisk. What fun!

We got out our peg boards again.

She loved using her pointer to "count" the pegs. She does fairly well, but skips random numbers every now and then.

She enjoyed making tall towers!

I got this idea from
1+1+1=1. I put pictures of family members on cardboard strips and then had her spell their names with the bottle caps. She only did this once, I think. Not a huge hit as I thought it would be.

I cut up a pool noodle and had her put them on these sticks. She also had fun running around the house with them on her fingers.

She did GREAT at this! She carefully scooped the bears one by one into the ice cube tray, matching the bears to the colors I had put in the tray with dot stickers.
LETTERS / ABC'S


We got out her color word letter matching activity again one day. Once again, she loved it and did great!

And again, the apple tree letters. I called out letters for her to find and put red dot stickers on. Once again, a huge hit!

I ordered this Melissa and Doug set from Amazon, and got it in the mail last week. I took out three boards and their matching letters for Punkin to do. She did well. I have left it out on her little table, and she will often go and play with it on her own. She loves letters.

We went to a new library one day, and she had fun running around this rug saying the letters.
MATH

We didn't do much with math the last two weeks, though she did enjoy watching some videos I found on You Tube that had to do with numbers.
MISC.

We did a lot of coloring.

She enjoyed playing with her new magnet book a LOT!

Punkin finally learned how to drink from a "Big Girl Cup" all by herself!

Playing with soapy water in the sink at Grandma's ....

.... and at home. This is ALWAYS a tried and true favorite.

She played a lot with her magnadoodle, which she loves. She asks me a lot to draw her a shape, and then she tries to draw it. Here she was telling me she was drawing circles.

We got to go swimming with our neighbor friends in their little pool.

We blew bubbles outside.....another favorite activity. She is trying to figure out how to do it herself. Sometimes she gets a few bubbles out, but mostly she just gets a soapy mouth.

I took out a squirt bottle one day and showed her how to "draw" on the driveway with water. She loved this.

Then, I drew some letters and we worked on lowercase letter identification.

We spent a couple afternoons with Daddy at baseball and softball games. (He's an atheletic director at our high school, so he goes to a LOT of games.)

Punkin loved watching the players and the fast balls.

Punkin is really into "role playing" these days. She likes taking kleenex and rags and pretends to clean.

I got this little wagon at a garage sale, and she has spent oodles of time taking her baby for walks. One day I heard her say, "Go for walk, Baby? Okay, let's go!"

I found this at a garage sale, too, and she has enjoyed putting the chips in the slots.

And finally, I got this floor puzzle as well at a garage sale last week, and while she hasn't actually put it together herself, she likes finding letters and pictures that I call out.
Well, I hope to be back on schedule this week, so we'll see. In the meantime, check out
1+1+1=1 for more Tot School ideas.
That pool noodle idea is great, love it. :)
ReplyDeleteMy daughter is also 22 months old and has just started to get interested in drinking out of a cup without a straw! Looks like a fun week.
ReplyDelete