~Punkin is 24 months old.~
Okay, I really slacked this week. For some reason I really had a hard time getting back into the routine after vacation. I was so tired and exhausted, too, for some reason in the afternoons that I just didn't feel like doing much. Punkin also had a doctor appointment and labwork done on two separate days as we try to figure out if she is still allergic to milk or not. We went one day to my parents' church for their "Summer's Last Ride" outreach event that included inflatables, a fire truck, lots of food, face painting, etc. Add to that a day at Grandma's and spending another night one night at Grandma's while my husband and I went out with my brother and sister in law for the evening.... Well, we just didn't get a lot of Tot School done. Oh well. There's always next week, right?

Making a necklace with her lacing beads.

Reading lots of books with her Tag Junior.

Sorting beads into her heart tray. She attempted to use the tweezers, though she still doesn't really get it yet.

She had fun dumping out her foam letters and lining them up in front of her.

She also has been having fun using her pocket chart to put her letters in.

This was one of the only 2 actual Tot School lessons we did. I wrote lowercase letters on her dry erase easel and had her pick magnetic capital letters out of her box to match.

She had just as much fun erasing the letters for me.

Then I just let her draw for awhile what she wanted.

The other lesson we did was making her name. I wrote it for her at the top, and she spelled it underneath for me using glue and paper as well as stickers.

We got out her bean sensory tub.

And then since she made more of a mess than usual, I showed her how to use the little dust pan and broom. She loved this.

One day when it was finally not scorching hot outside and nice enough to be out, we took out her paintbrush and a bowl of water for her to paint the driveway with.

She practiced her lines.

And she had fun painting the rocks as well.

One day after I unloaded the dishwasher, I turned around and found her loading it back up with all her spoons and forks.

Then, she unloaded them again and put them all away.

I have begun working out now while she plays in the living room. (I just cannot get up early in the morning to do it. ) She has been trying to do what I do, including wanting to use my weights.

She played a lot with her marble set this week, too.

She loves to try to brush her teeth by herself now. (I still help a lot, though.) One day she set Baby in her potty and thought she needed her teeth brushed, too.

We also played a lot in the sink with water and bubbles again. One of her favorite activities.

And just one of my favorite pictures from this week. This is her new favorite spot to play.
For more Tot School ideas, visit
1+1+1=1.
Oh, I think field trips and outings count as fiield trips. It looks like she had a great week.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't call you a slacker at all, it looks like you both had a great week.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try the name activity you have up, it looks simple and cute.
I can't wait for it to cool off enough here to try the water painting.
She is a doll!!! I love the way they find fun places to hide or play. My little 1 year old loves playing in the cubby hole that our garbage can goes in. I know that sounds gross, but it's usually when the garbage can is out of the hole and I'm cleaning it. My other one likes to hide and play under her bed.
ReplyDeletePunkin has the most beautiful set of curls! =)
ReplyDeleteSeems like a busy week for one that you felt was "slacking"!
i love how you did her name with stickers. i've been working out, too, and my son likes to do yoga with me.
ReplyDeleteEven though you felt like you slacked off (although, it seemed like you still go a lot done), remember that at 2 the most important thing is still playing and being together. A lot of kids learn just as much or more when things seem unscheduled or chaotic to mommy! I heard that the Summer's Last Ride was really fun!!
ReplyDeleteI love the water painting. It's a very good idea. I'll be trying it.
ReplyDelete