Saturday, August 28, 2010

WEEK OF AUGUST 22

~Punkin is 25 months old~

Well, Punkin has continued to do GREAT with the potty thing, so I thought we'd be back to a normal routine. Not so much. The weather was gorgeous here, and we ended up having a very busy week, playing outside a lot, going to Grandma's for a sleepover, having a playdate with some friends, going to our first Mom's group of the year, attending the first football game of the season (Daddy is the athletic director), and spending all Saturday at a cross country meet playing with cousins. It was a very fun week, Punkin did great going potty "out and about," and we even managed to get a few structured playtimes in as well.

TOT TRAYS

I ended up leaving out a lot of the same tot trays from last week since we didn't really do tot trays last week.

Melissa and Doug puzzles

Trying to put colored paper clips on foam pieces. She obviously did great matching the colors, but try as I may, I could not get her to understand how to put on the paper clips. She enjoyed taking them off, though.

She still was not into putting the beads on the colored craft sticks, but she still loved lining them up!

I put out some of her foam puzzles and her hammer that makes noises when she hits something with it. She had a blast "pounding" in the pieces.

Matching up her buttons on her pocket chart.

"Playing" checkers.... or really just matching the colors on the board.

LESSONS

I'm just lumping them all together again since we didn't do as much.

I found these back to school bingo sheets on Creative Learning Fun. I just cut apart the tiles and had her glue on the matching pictures. She actually really loved this and did it without any help.

I printed these paper Mr. Potato Head parts from 2 Teaching Mommies.

Punkin knows lots of body parts including shoulder, wrist, cheek, chin, neck, ankle, etc. when you ask her to point to them on herself. But it was interesting to see her try to put the basic body parts in the right places. I helped her the first time if she needed it to put the parts in the right spot. (She insisted the mouth should frown instead of smile. LOL.)

Then, I had her try it totally on her own.....ummm...not too bad???? :)

We worked on counting using Trix cereal. I gave her a handful to put on the pink flower, then she had to move them one at a time onto the yellow flower as she counted them. Then, after she counted them all she could eat them. We did this quite a few times. I was surprised that she worked hard to count them without trying to eat them first.

Then, we worked on patterning with the Trix. She didn't quite get it, but she diligently lined up the colors as I told her which came next.

I haven't gotten these color word tiles from Confessions of a Homeschooler out in awhile, but Punkin always really enjoys them! I'm trying to get her to put the tiles on in order....

We used a bowl of buttons for our sensory "tub" this week. She asked for a spoon, then proceeded to bring over her baby's potty and spoon the buttons into the potty.

I found this My First LeapPad at Goodwill, and Punkin has played with it for hours this week! She LOVES it, and knows now how to push the green go button on each page first. This was well worth the $5 I paid for it.


Well, that was our fun week. To see what other tots were up to, visit 1+1+1=1.

2 comments:

  1. I love the hammer activity and the paper clips.i'll be trying them this week. And i have to find a pocket chart you are using it in very different ways! I like to see your work, you give me lots of ideas and your girl seems a lot to mine. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you took a found activity (the bingo cards) and turned it into something else that would work for your and Punkin.

    ReplyDelete