~Punkin is 29 months old.~
This post encompasses two weeks worth of Christmas activites (with a slight emphasis on T is for [Christmas] Tree). We have been having fun just taking it a bit more easy and enjoying lots of Christmas outings and activities that have taken up our normal "tot school" time. In addition, I have a confession to make: While the "sickies" around here have taken their toll on our tot school as well, I can now officially tell you that my daughter did indeed have a yucky cold for awhile, but MY "sickies" have lasted me about 11 weeks, and will most likely continue for a few more weeks, causing me to lay low as well on the tot school and planning. Yep. We will be having a "Little Firecracker" sometime on or before July 4! SOOO, that is the biggest reason why things have been a bit "off" around here.....
Okay, on to our last two weeks....
TOT TRAYS
Punkin has really enjoyed our Christmas themed tot trays lately. These were out for two weeks, and she played with them a lot.

Our Christmas sensory bin that included green and red macaroni, little Christmas light ornaments, small ball ornaments, little Christmas symbol ornaments, Christmas erasers, Christmas glittery shapes that I found at Dollar Tree, a stocking, and other misc. things.

I had ordered Punkin a new Tag Jr. book when I saw it for like $3 called "Christmas in the Manger." I tell you she sat and "read" that book over and over almost every day. She loved it.

I cut "cookies" out of a thick cardboard box, and Punkin used a small spatula and cookie sheet to pretend she was making cookies. She loved trying to flip them over.

Playing with little Christmas erasers I got at Dollar Tree. She sorted them in this tray a few times, but spent most of the time making "sandwiches" with the matching erasers and "feeding" them to her stuffed animals. LOL!

Christmas Tic-Tac-Toe from Dollar Tree.

Glittery Christmas shapes. For some reason, she always lined these up like this in rows instead of "sorting" them. But hey, that was fine by me! I love when she makes up her own activities. She told me, "Look Mommy, a rainbow!"
LEARNING ACTIVITIES

Building the letter Tt.

Tracing the letter T....She is so good at this!

Making our collage page for our ABC Book.

Sorting capital and lowercase Tt ornaments onto trees. You can download the file
HERE.

Punkin enjoyed placing magnetic pom poms onto the correct letters on these abc tree pages that I got from
Prekinders.

We read (and re-read) this little "Where is the Present?" book that I printed from
1+1+1=1.

Punkin did ornament sorting by color and by the design on the ornaments. She did well at this. I got this from
Prekinders as well.

She surprised me with how easily she did this pattern block tree pattern that I got from
Prekinders.

I cut out some different sized rectangles and had her glue them on the page in order from biggest to smallest. She didn't even need my help! Yea!

We did this Christmas tree sort from
1+1+1=1. She had to really look at the designs on the trees, and some were pretty similar, but she did great.

We were behind on our number of the week book, so even though our number this week was 6, we did our
number 5 book. I was impressed with how well she traced her fives.

I cut out little Christmas trees and numbered them 1-10 and had her put them in order. Then, I had her count out the correct number of beads (ornaments) to put on each tree. She worked really hard on this and was so proud of herself when she was done.

She did the Christmas Cookie matching activity from
Making Learning Fun. She is really into "making cookies" right now, so it was a hit.

We both played this Roll a Christmas Tree game. (I can't remember where I printed it from...sorry!) It was the first time we had attempted an official "game" and she had fun!
CRAFTS AND OTHER FUN

Making a craft stick / button Christmas tree..... so cute! I found the idea at
The Amazing Mess.

Here is the finished product that I made into a magnet and stuck on our refridgerator.

You can't see it in the picture, but she is painting an outline of a tree, and then she painted a stem and star as well.

When they dried, I cut them out, and then she glued them onto a red piece of paper and she used the eraser end of a pencil to dot on the ornaments.

We made some more cute Dollar Tree magnets to use as gifts. Oh does she love using glue!

Aren't they so cute?

She asked a couple times this week to make bubbles in the sink. We hadn't done this in awhile, and she could have done it all day had I let her!

And of course we had to make Christmas cookies.

Sporting her apron.

Yummy! (She loved helping me make and cut them out, but was not real interested in helping to decorate them.)
To see what other tots have been up to, go visit
1+1+1=1.
Wow! What a great week! So many fabulous activities!! I really like that you cut the cookies out of cardboard and that is wonderful how she lines the objects up in rows while sorting. Merry Christmas! Kerri
ReplyDeleteCute, cute, cute! I LOVE the cardboard cookie activity, that is so clever!!! It was fun to see her doing many of the same activities my kiddos did too!
ReplyDelete;-) Carisa
I love the new counting book.Thanks for the boxes ideas. Congratulations for the Baby!!!! I hope you find better with your sickies. Happy Christmas:)
ReplyDeleteHi Lana. I love your boxes ideas and I'm allways coming to your blog to look for more ideas. I'm starting a blog hop of Boxes ideas Tuesday I will love if you link up, you can link up this post if you like, just grab my button. God bless you!
ReplyDelete