Sunday, January 8, 2012

LIL' CHEDDAR MEATLOAVES

We love these at our house...even my 3 year old and my husband who has never liked meatloaf in his life! I make a double or triple recipe and freeze what we won't eat for dinner that night. (Freeze them without the sauce on a wax paper lined cookie sheet until frozen, then put them in a ziploc bag to store. Make the sauce and add it to them whenever you actually thaw and cook them.) Then, when I don't have time to make dinner, I go and take out however many little loaves I want, quick mix the sauce, and stick them in the oven.



Lil' Cheddar Meatloaves

1 egg
¾ c. milk
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
½ c. quick-cooking oats
½ c. chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
1 lb. lean ground beef

Sauce:

⅔ c. ketchup
½ c. packed brown sugar
1 ½ tsp. mustard

In a bowl, beat the egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 8 loaves and place in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spoon over loaves. Bake, uncovered at 350º for 45 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and meat thermometer reads 160º. Makes 8 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lana! Those meat loaves look yummy!!!! Thanks fir stopping by and checking out my master bath! We took down the mirrors and werenSO lucky. The drywall behind it was perfect! The builder did not even glue the mirror up! we just unscrewed the pin this and popped it off! Good luck and I hope you don't find any surprises behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looked so good, I put it on our menu for this week and they are in oven/freezer now!

    ReplyDelete