~Punkin is 24 months old.~
We spent all week on potty training. Monday was rough, but after that, she has done SOOO well. When we went to church today, she even told the nursery workers that she had to go potty....and went .....on a strange potty! I am so proud of her. We're still working on being poo trained, though she will go if I can catch her cues, she just hasn't told me that on her own yet. But I feel a huge burden lifted after this week, and it makes me realize that my baby isn't a baby anymore. It's kinda sad...
Anyway, we didn't do much tot trays or any "formal" tot school stuff, due to the fact that we remained in the kitchen most of the week (where we have tile floor and accidents were easier to clean up), and I wanted to focus on the task at hand and not take on too much. But that being said, I brought out a lot of her favorites and we did a lot of fun stuff.....in the kitchen.
TOT TRAYS
(We did a few tot trays on Monday morning before we got deep into the potty training.)
Playing with her magnetic fish puzzle. She is getting very good at this!A FEW "SCHOOL" LESSONS
We did another pattern block page using some pattern block pieces that I already had cut out from when I was teaching. Punkin LOVES these activities. She even told me, "Mommy, we need the ocagons now." (Well, actually, they are hexagons, but she was close.)ALL THE OTHER RANDOM STUFF WE DID WHILE POTTY TRAINING
Played with her wooden shape train.
I got this science experiement idea from The Science Mommy that used milk, food coloring, and a toothpick dipped in dish soap. It was really neat and kept her interest for quite awhile.
Then, she wanted to try.
After awhile, she just started playing with it, stirring all the colors together. She said she was making soup. :)
We played with playdough ..... a LOT!
Punkin also played a lot with her bean sensory tub. She again got her egg carton out to use with it.
We tried painting with tempera paint and an actual paintbrush for the first time. This was a huge hit!
We even did a little color mixing with it!
We lined up her Disney foam numbers and jumped on them again and again. Then she got out her princess wand to point to them, too.
I got this tool set at a garage sale last week. This was her favorite toy this week. She had fun using tools "like Daddy."
We drew some more on her easel with dry erase markers.
We played with bubble wrap from a package I got in the mail.
I tried to have her help me make a cake for Daddy. It kinda got all over. But that's okay. The cake still tasted pretty good!
We did lots of puzzles.
Punkin enjoyed playing with her Little People farm.
We "washed" plastic silverware in the sink.
Punkin spent a lot of time playing at her toy kitchen and table that I had moved into our kitchen. She even asked to eat snacks at her little table, and she would feed her baby and stuffed animals, too.
We read lots and lots and lots of books. (I have "Corduroy" and "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" memorized now!)
She "read" with her Tag Junior a lot while sitting on the potty.
Punkin had fun throwing balls in the laundry basket.
She also enjoyed getting into the basket and throwing all the balls back out. I also got a kink in my back from giving her many "rides" around the kitchen.
Punkin used foam shape stickers to make pictures.
She played with her shape sorter and had fun lining the shapes up again and counting them.
She built "towers" with the counting pegs.
We had "tea" and "cakes."
She found out it was fun to crawl under the table and play peek a boo.
Grandma came over one day to play. They had fun with dominoes.
She tried to put together our caterpillar number floor puzzle. I had to help, of course, and then she had fun taking it all apart again.
We ate many of our meals "picnic style" on a towel close to the little potty in case of quick needed trips to the potty. Punkin LOVED our picnics!
And this is of course how we spent a great deal of time as well. She really loved being able to pull off the toilet paper when she went in the potty.
And she also liked eating her "treats" when she went! (Bites of Twizzlers and little mini muffins from Grandma!)
And finally, this is just something I noticed this week after spending lots of time coloring with Punkin. She told me here, "Mommy, I color ovals blue." Instead of randomly scribbling all over the page, she has begun to color with a purpose. She obviously didn't stay in the lines completely, but I was proud of her for diligently coloring each one.
Here she did the same with the stars, saying, "I color stars black."
I think I can say we are successfully potty trained now (aside from nights), so hopefully, if all continues to go well, I am looking forward to a more normal week next week. To see what other Tots were up to this week, go check out 1+1+1=1.
Punkin also played a lot with her bean sensory tub. She again got her egg carton out to use with it.
We tried painting with tempera paint and an actual paintbrush for the first time. This was a huge hit!
We lined up her Disney foam numbers and jumped on them again and again. Then she got out her princess wand to point to them, too.
I got this tool set at a garage sale last week. This was her favorite toy this week. She had fun using tools "like Daddy."
I tried to have her help me make a cake for Daddy. It kinda got all over. But that's okay. The cake still tasted pretty good!
She also enjoyed getting into the basket and throwing all the balls back out. I also got a kink in my back from giving her many "rides" around the kitchen.I think I can say we are successfully potty trained now (aside from nights), so hopefully, if all continues to go well, I am looking forward to a more normal week next week. To see what other Tots were up to this week, go check out 1+1+1=1.


Aw congrats on the potty training. I felt the same way when my little girl got potty trained (like I was losing my baby).
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the potty training. We started training a few weeks ago and it has gone awesome. Little Sweets wouldn't have a bm on the potty at first either. She ended up becoming constipated so I fed her some prunes and sat her on the potty and it worked. We made a huge deal! She was so excited and has been going on the potty ever since. BTW I love the science project looks like fun.
ReplyDelete"Official" totschool or not, what a busy week, full of fun and great activities! I'm definitely going to check out the Science Mommy -- my oldest has always loved science experiements, and I want to continue that tradition with my little tot.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing =)
I love the egg carton activity. I'm trying it tomorrow. Congratulations for potty training week!
ReplyDelete