Thursday, March 1, 2012

CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH DIP

Woah! Want something to satisfy that sweet tooth without ruining your diet? Here it is, folks! This cookie dough dip is wonderful, addicting, and won't pack on the pounds. It's another goodie from Chocolate Covered Katie.

Punkin and I made it together yesterday, and we ended up just eating it ...ummm....from the bowl with spoons! Oops! No dipping for us....just straight from the bowl, baby! :) I even ate it for my breakfast this morning. Okay, no judging, people. It does have oatmeal in it! :) Now, it does have a very odd main ingredient in it that you just don't want to mention to anyone you are serving it to. They'll never know the difference if you don't tell them. My husband got into it when he got home from work yesterday. I asked him how he liked it, and he agreed it was very yummy. But he said, "Why in the world would you make a big bowl of cookie dough just to eat? Especially when you are trying NOT to eat that kind of stuff right now!" I just grinned and said, "Because I CAN! It's healthy!" He kinda raised his eyebrow like, "Yeah, right." Then I told him what was in it and he said, " And I ATE that?" Ha! :)

Here's how I did it:
  • 1 can chickpeas (drained)
  • 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
  • tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 2 T milk
  • 2/3 cups brown sugar
  • 3 T oats
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor (not blender), and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.

Delicious! I'm going to make some more this weekend! She also has a complete sugar free recipe for this dip HERE, but I didn't have any pitted dates on hand, and it does take 8 hours of soaking the dates first.

No comments:

Post a Comment