Sunday, March 25, 2012

TOT SCHOOL - NO THEME :)

I have been planning for our Easter / Spring theme that we will start next week, so we did just a random, quick tot school week with no real theme. Just some random ideas I have seen that I wanted to do sometime.

Punkin rolled a dice that had d's and b's on it and had to "graph" her rolls by tracing the correct letter and telling me what it was. She still confuses these two letters, so it was good reinforcement for her.

She also spelled her word wall words (sight words) using magnetic letters on her magnadoodle. She did this over and over throughout the week.

She had fun playing sight word hockey with color words. I got this idea from Making Learning Fun. She had to read me the color word on the "puck" before she could "shoot" it into the goal.

We worked on this CVC word activity together. She did really well. I liked how the middle box was red, so she knew she needed to listen for / find a red letter "sticky vowel." I printed these pages from Have Fun Teaching.

Punkin hunted for letter tiles in her rainbow rice and then placed them on her color word sheet to spell her color words.


I forgot to take a picture of her playing, but we made this ring toss and had fun playing it one afternoon. This idea came from Little Learning for Two.


And she used her dot markers to make this really neat "tape resist" painting.

I put velcro dots on jumbo craft sticks and let Punkin make shapes and letters with them. This great idea came from Tot Treasures.

She played Bean Bag Toss to help reinforce counting by tens. I also had her hop along the plates and say / count the numbers as she went.

She still spends lots of time building elaborate "castles."

SOOO...one day I gave her a whole package of plastic cups, showed her how to stack a few of them, and then she surprised me by making .... THIS!

She was so proud! She even knocked it down a few times just so she could rebuild it!
It was nice to have kind of a laid back week. Now gearing up for Easter stuff! I am linking up to Tot School and Preschool Corner!

12 comments:

  1. So many great ideas! My kiddo is still very young (18 months), but I've pinned a few of these for future reference.

    I love the velcro craft sticks and sight word hockey. I'm thinking of using the hockey with things like letter and number recognition. Or even color recognition with a colored dot on each bottle cap.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great ideas! Do you have a link to a printable for the B's and D's graph?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a printable for the b & d activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am looking for a printable for b & d.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/b-and-d-Graphing-Fun-Freebie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am homeschooling this year and this is wonderful for my first graders intervention. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. The b and d chart is fabulous for k-2 students. It forces them to know what side the d's handle goes and the b's handle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the b and d graphing chart. I made one immediately and will use it this very day. Thanks for this great idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great ideas! Thank you for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. b and d link is slightly different. Any way I could get printable you created?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing ideas that i will bring to the teachers in a school where i work. Thank you, Keep up the good work. You are still working at the best job ever... raising & spending time with your family and still teaching by sharing your great ideas with us. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete