Monday, February 13, 2012

12 DAYS OF VALENTINES

I wanted to do something special and different for my hubby this Valentine's Day that didn't cost a lot of money. I came up with the "12 Days of Valentines." Punkin was so excited each day to see what we were going to leave for Daddy that day. I tried to give him things that actually had the number for that day....like 5 of something or 10 of something. It got a lot harder as the days wore on! :) I tried to use things that meant something to him or that I know he likes. We would leave the surprise in different spots each day. The first day we drove up to his work and snuck it into his truck. One day we left it on the door for him to find as he came in the house. One day we left it in his bathroom sink so he saw it when he got ready for bed. It was so much fun!

Day One - 1 Sweet Message

Punkin had SO much fun recording a message for her daddy!


Day Two - 2 Handprint Hearts

Day Three - 3 Hugs and Kisses

Day Four - 4 Tie Dye Hearts

Day Five - 5 Head Rub Coupons

My hubby LOVES to have his head rubbed, and I don't do it near as often as I should!

Day Six - 6 Berry Muffins

Day Seven - 7 Rice Krispie Treats

Day Eight - 8 Chocolate Chip Bars

Day Nine - 9 Powdered Donuts (with Valentine M&M's)

Day Ten - 10 Butterfly Kisses

There was obviously nothing to take a picture of here...although I guess I could have taken a picture of Punkin giving her daddy 10 butterfly kisses....so cute!

Day Eleven - 11 Bottles of Water

Day Twelve - 12 Reasons I Love You


I wrote a list of 12 things I love about my hubby and then found something tangible to go along with each thing. I then put them all in a basket and printed a label for each thing. Here are the 12 things I used:


  1. You have a great smile! - toothpaste

  2. You are athletic and active. - athletic socks

  3. You have a heart for Jesus - heart balloon

  4. You light up my life! - lightbulbs

  5. I am nuts for you! - a can of mixed nuts

  6. I love how (Punkin) goes bananas when you come home from work - 2 bananas

  7. We were "mitt" to be together. - a car washing mitt

  8. You are handy around the house. - work gloves

  9. You help fold the laundry all the time. - new undershirts

  10. You are so smart. - Get Smart movie

  11. You make the best pancakes and waffles! - pancake mix

  12. You protect your family and keep us safe. - bandaids

Punkin and I have had a blast doing this for my hubby. I hope he has enjoyed it just as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment