ABC Order: I had Punkin cover the letters on the snowflake in ABC order. I got the printout from Musings of Me.
Snowman Jumble: I said a word and Punkin used “snowballs” to mark what that word begins with. I think I got this from Musings of Me as well.
This activity came from Prekinders. She had to cover the pictures on each snowman that stared with that letter.
Sorting "S" and "Not S" pictures from Musings of Me.
Punkin had to identify the image on the snowman, then find the hat with the appropriate beginning sound and put it on the snowman. She did SO well with this! I got it from Making Learning Fun.
"What Starts With the S Sound" worksheet from Homeschool Creations.

Word Family Snowflakes from Mom's Heart . I set out 8 letter tiles (for the 8 spaces on the snowflake) that would spell words in the at family (and later in the et family). She chose the tiles in whatever order she wanted. Then I had her read the word to me, she found the correct letter stamp, and stamped it into one of the circles before choosing the next letter.
Punkin rolled the dice and counted the numbers on both dice. Then, she used "snowballs" (magnetic pom poms) to cover that number total on the snowman. This page was printed from Living Life Intentionally.
Using snowflakes to measure the snowmen. She even did a pretty good job of writing the numbers below in the boxes. I think this was from Musings of Me as well.
More Snowman Measuring from The Kids Place.
Mitten Measuring using mini marshmallows. I printed this activity from Musings of Me.
This is the page she did that went along with the Mitten Measuring activity. I helped her write the 5 and 8, but she did the others by herself.
I made this Hot Cocoa Math activity for Punkin to practice numbers from 11-20. She used marshmallows to count the correct number "into" the hot cocoa mug.
Snowman Add or Subtract Game from Making Learning Fun. We took turns picking a card and either adding or subtracting that many "snowballs." It was a good introduction to the plus and minus signs. (Punkin won!)
Family Names Snowman Hunt. I cut out snowman pieces for each person using their name. Each letter had it's own snowball. I cut out the pieces ahead of time, enough for a Dad, Mom, 'Firecracker' and 'Punkin' snowman. I used big circles for Dad, medium for Mom, little circles for Punkin, and the smallest circles for Firecracker. I also made a hat, scarf, and carrot nose for each size. I hid the circles around the room, then had Punkin find them and sort them by size. She then glued them in order to spell our names and found the matching sized accessories to decorate the snowmen. She really loved this activity.

Roll a Snowman from Living Life Intentionally.
Gluing pictures to the correct season. From Living Life Intentionally.
Sorting winter and not winter pictures from Musings of Me.
Sorting winter and summer clothes from Homeschool Creations.
ARTS AND CRAFTS
Lightbulb Snowman - Idea came from Kelsey Bang. Except I just had Punkin paint glue on with a paintbrush instead of using spray adhesive like she did.
We painted Punkin's foot white and then made a footprint and decorated it like a snowman. Then, we made puffy paint (equal parts shaving cream and glue) to paint on the snow.
I will be saving this one for a long time! So cute!
We also made thumbprint snowmen and used our puffy paint to add the snow.
And we made one more snowman with our puffy paint. She used some of our leftover glitter glue from the lightbulb snowman to paint the background snow first.
We got the idea from Let's Explore to make sparkly snow paint with 1/2 cup each of salt, flour, and water.
We made Q-tip snowflakes.

ARTS AND CRAFTS
FUN FOOD
Snow Muffin Tin Meal: cottage cheese, yogurt, snowman sandwich, snowman cheesestick in popcorn snow, marshmallows, and juice box wrapped like a snowman.
I used edible markers and fruit leather for the scarf. Punkin LOVED this snack!
Snowman Milk. This was one of my favorites! I got the idea from Meet the Dubiens.
Our silly "Snowman on a Stick"
Oreo Dipped Snowman
Banana Snowman - adapted from Totally Tots
Juice Box Snowmen
Baby Food Jar filled with Mini Marshmallows
Donut Snowmen...I originally saw the idea HERE, but decided to make full snowmen out of mine instead of just the face.
Another snowman sandwich with cottage cheese snow
Snowman Pancakes
We didn't have much snow at all this last month, but the one time we did get a significant amount, we went out to play, brought in some snow and made our own snow ice cream. I saw the "recipe" for the snow HERE. It really wasn't all that bad! :)

Our version of melted snowmen. We didn't have any cookies to use, so we had to improvise with crackers. Punkin insisted that hers needed to have frowns since they were melting.
A Melted Frosty drink: steamed milk with sugar free vanilla syrup, whipped cream on top, chocolate chips and a candy corn for the face.
We had one significant snowfall of about 5 inches, so we made the most of it by getting out and playing in it!
Playing in shaving cream "snow."
Punkin has been interested in "treasure hunts" lately, so we had our own treasure hunt. I printed out a list of things for her to find around the house. For instance, a book about soccer, a pair of socks, a movie with a princess, etc. It really got her to think, and it gave her great excercise, too, running all over the house, up and down the stairs. She had a blast with it! After we had collected all our treasures, I had her make up a "story" with her items. That was a riot!
Punkin dragged out our big ABC wooden puzzle again after a long while of not playing with it. This time, she did it all by herself! (Though she had to sing through the alphabet every.single.time she added a letter to figure out what came next! So yeah, it took a while.)
So proud of herself!
One of her favorite "Table Time" activities while I make lunch is to get out her magnets and line them all up and / or make "pictures" with them.
She also has been REALLY into coloring with her Crayola Wonder Markers. She'll sit and do this a lot, too, while I make lunch.
Another "Table Time" Activity: Her Leapfrog Count and Draw.
She really got into making "trains" recently. She even insisted that Firecracker join her one day.
MORE FUN TIMES
We have been doing a lot of Valentine stuff the last couple of weeks, so hopefully I will get that up and posted within a reasonable amount of time! :) I have linked this to Preschool Corner and 1+1+1=1 Tot School.

No comments:
Post a Comment