Wednesday, February 15, 2012

PUMPKIN OATMEAL....KINDA

If you have never heard of Chocolate Covered Katie, let me introduce her to you. She has a great blog of recipes that are delicious but healthy. Some of her ingredients may seem a bit odd, but you gotta just go with it! You won't be sorry! If you serve her recipes to family or friends, just let it be a little secret between you and Katie as to what is really in it! :)

I made this recipe for my breakfast this morning. I doubled the recipe, thinking I'd save half of it for tomorrow. Ummmm....well, I ended up eating half of it for breakfast and the rest for lunch! It was so yummy! (Of course, I LOVE pumpkin. If you don't like pumpkin, this one isn't for you.) I call it Pumpkin Oatmeal. She calls it Pumpkin Bread in a Bowl.



1/3 c canned pumpkin (or cooked pumpkin)
3/4 c milk (or vanilla yogurt)
1 cup flake cereal (bran, corn, etc. or even oatmeal!)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
sweetener (such as stevia, sugar, or even maple syrup)
optional: chocolate chips, pecans


Blend all ingredients together. The cereal will have a thin consistency at first, but if you leave it in the fridge (after blending) for even just 10 minutes, it starts to get really thick!
If you’re using the optional pecans or chocolate chips, you can either blend them right in or sprinkle them on top after serving.


I used brown sugar in mine. I just put in about a Tbsp at first and then kept adding small amounts to my taste preference. I used corn flakes and regular milk and it was yummy, but I think next time I may try the vanilla yogurt and oatmeal ideas. Ooh! I'm already looking forward to using up the rest of the can of pumpkin that is now sitting in my refrigerator!

No comments:

Post a Comment